Saturday, January 7, 2012

Sayanora, Vera

First Day Zero Item Completed:  #20:  Trade In Old, Faded Purse for Something New and Swanky


I'm very picky about purses, and I don't buy them often.  When making my Day Zero List it occurred to me that I haven't purchased a purse since Will was a baby.  The purse on the left is my old purse, it's a black Vera Bradley bag that I didn't buy at all, I won it in a raffle WHEN Will was a baby.  Yes....five years of motherhood and this purse has been everywhere.  It shows it too, the top is faded out, there's dog hair embedded in the zipper that I can't get out and it's just tired-looking.  So when I went to Kohl's today with some returns and found myself with  store credit, I knew just what I was going to do.

Yes, the list item says "swanky new purse."  Swanky means different things to different people.  I'm a classic, "Black Purse in All Season" kind of girl, so branching out into a silver leather bag is pretty big for me.  I actually hemmed and hawed between silver and plum, but silver is more neutral and will go with more.

Also as a side note:  I still had about $20 of store credit after the purchase of said silver bag.  After wandering around the store for about an hour, I didn't see anything that I had to have.  So I went back into the purse section and bought a black purse as well.  It was a great sale, and a new black purse as well was tough to pass up.  Like I said, I'm a "classic black" kind of girl.  Patterns are hard to break!

No comments: