Sunday, April 3, 2011

Shimmer, Shimmer

Shimmery Silver Lace Shawl complete!

I made this shawl/wrap for Tracy and Michael's wedding at the end of the month.  And there's time to spare...woohoo!   My dress is gorgeous!  It's teal satin and I am in looove with the color.   I go for my final fitting on Wednesday night.

Now for the technical stuff:  This is a Lion Brand pattern, knit in Vanna's Choice in Platinum.  I saw a demo of this shawl at the Lion Brand Store in New York City last fall and have wanted to make one since.  My first color choice wasn't silver, but jewel (deep purple) or garnet.  But the silver went so nice with the dress....
The lace pattern is a 24-row repeat that was tricky at first, but as soon as you get the first repeat the rest was easy, just time-consuming.

Oh, and please ignore the basket of dog toys, and the trashcan in the background.  I'm terrible when it comes to remembering that stuff, I'm usually just SO EXCITED that I've finished something!




2 comments:

CraftyMomof3 said...

Pretty. Can't wait to see pics!

Crafty Mama said...

Correction: yarn is Vanna's Choice Glamour. Oopsie!