Sunday, April 10, 2011

Favorite Moments



I have only two copies of this photo, and it is definitely one of my favorites.  I had a bit of a fit when Will knocked over a glass of water this week on my nightstand and the frame got wet.  Of course, it was right before we were due to leave to drop-off at school and daycare,  and then for me to head to work.  I quickly pulled apart the frame, and let the photo dry on top of my dresser for the day.  And all was good!

While scanning it to ensure not losing it forever, I thought I'd share.  Early 1999.  Brian had just come home from deployment in the Mediterranean, and the winter term had closed.  Such a sweet reunion, after 3.5 months of being apart!  (I used to know the number of days, but that has faded from my mind.)   My friend Lexi took this photo, as well as another one that is one of my favorites.  We look like kids!  Well, we were.  We met at age 21 and were married at the ripe old age of 23/24, respectively.  Definitely young, for today's standards.  

What a long way we've come, huh?  I hope that the original photograph can be present at the celebration of our fiftieth wedding anniversary!

1 comment:

adventures in rhode island said...

i really love this photo, it's so sweet. it's.... love :) and i know what you mean about looking like kids, i think the same thing when i look back on dating pics of john and i. :)