Thursday, March 24, 2011

Ready, Set....Socks

After 2.5 years of knitting, I'm ready to hike my Everest:  Sock-making.  

Socks, to me, are the ultimate, non-straight edge Knitted Item.  They are the one thing that I suck in my breath in awe in viewing someone's finished socks.  They mystify me somewhat, and I've always shied away from casting on a pair.    Not today.



 Pattern:  Easy Peasy socks on Ravelry.   Yarn:  Cascade 220 Superwash in a purple-y, heathered hue.

I'm out to prove that this pattern is indeed "easy peasy" and am going to become a sock knitter.  Yes, a sock knitter.  Purple socks seem like a natural choice, since purple is my favorite.  They're a shorter ankle sock, and the pattern is written as a sock class of sorts.


Casting on-----ready, set, go!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Congrats on casting on your first pair of socks! I'm working on my first pair too. I'm trying the 2-at-a-time technique...not the best way to knit my FIRST pair of socks lol. Can't wait to see how your socks come out! Best of luck :-)