Sunday, March 13, 2011

Potty Time

I haven't mentioned much about this because I was afraid to jinx it.....but it appears that Will is on his way to being potty-trained!  There have been fewer accidents and he's spending a bit of time in underwear lately.  And he is SO proud of himself, as we are of him.  It's been a long, long, LONG road and I'm glad to see the intersection ahead.

Had a bit of a challenge today though....I took the kids out to Target so Brian could get some homework done in a quiet house.  Sean's teething and has been miserable for most of the weekend.  (So taking him out might be admitting that sometimes I have rocks for brains.  Well, maybe I do.)  I was able to snag a double cart at Target and stroll with the boys and our shopping list.  Right before we were to head to the checkout, Will announced that he had to use the bathroom.  Uh-oh....this is the first time I've been in public with the kids and had to handle it.  Thank goodness for those "family" restrooms in the pharmacy section!  (and for Target being pretty quiet and being able to leave my cart o' stuff outside the door without incident.)

I treated the boys to a chocolate milk in the "Target Kitchen" on the way out.  Sean adores chocolate milk, and doesn't get it very often.  He wasn't finished with his milk when we were leaving, so I let him have the sippy cup in the car....which is rare.  I took the long way home, since we hadn't been out all that long.  Peeking in the rearview mirror at the boys on the way home, Sean was fighting back sleep, with his hands firmly clenching the cup and his precious chocolate milk.  So sweet.  :)

3 comments:

Shelly said...

So cute. Glad he's making such good progress!

adventures in rhode island said...

yay for potty training success!! so good to feel progress being made, especially when it's been a long road. so congrats to both of you :) we still have a long way to go over here, someone has been holding things in and refusing to go on the potty for over a month. gotta love that strong will!

The Caffeinated Mommy said...

hooray for will and hooray for mommy for (very successfully, might i add) fielding the first public-potty incident. and with two kiddos! i am so impressed!