Thursday, March 3, 2011

In Search of Balance

Some days you have wins and losses.

Today's tally...

Grabbed an orange for a snack at work.  As soon as I touched it it squashed like a bug.  Apparently it had "some" mold issues.  Loss.

Found a camisole that I love shoved in the back of my sock drawer.  I stashed it there because it had a broken strap.  With no time to find the sewing kit, I stapled it back together and then threw it on with my sweater.  It held all day and never snagged.  Win!

Managed to make it up to the pharmacy counter with just milk after going through the "Spring Sale" cosmetics.  Win.

Discovering, with a sickening feeling, that my debit card was not in my wallet.  Loss.  Paying for my prescription and a gallon of milk with my credit card.  Loss.  Staying calm while trying to remember where I last used my card.  Win.  Triumphantly remembering that it was in my pants pocket at knitting last night.  Win!  Rushing home to look for the pants, only to find out that they're in the wash.  And that I've put my debit card through the wash cycle as well.  Loss. Loss.  Going back out to get cash to pay the sitter tomorrow, with hubby insisting to take his card too, so I don't have to make a third trip.  Loss.  Card working and ATM transaction smoothly made.  Win.

Both Will and Sean rushing to the door, excited to see me when I get home from the bank.  Will wanting hugs and to snuggle on the couch with me.  Sean dive-bombing in my lap saying "Mommommommommom" over and over.    DING DING DING DING DING!!!!!!!  Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner.  :)

No comments: