Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The End of the Road, But Not The Journey...

Tomorrow night marks the end of the fifteen-week weight loss program through the hospital.  In fifteen week's time, I have lost fifteen pounds and gained insight to a lifestyle change that involves fruits and veggies, fewer bouts of stress eating and several pairs of pants that are starting to look pretty baggy.  I've stopped calling myself names, which was a pretty feat to accomplish.  And I'm still hopeful!

However, with no "organized" program to go to and no weekly weigh-in where someone else sees the numbers, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a wee bit nervous.  But I've been given the tools, and I'm ready for the mission.

Over the weekend I was in a clothing store that I have not been in over ten years.  I looked at pants for work and I was delighted that they had them in my size.  However, I didn't buy anything because I decided to wait.

Instead, in a moment of silliness, I touched the size fourteen petites on the rack and whispered "Watch out, I'm comin' back for ya."  :)

2 comments:

adventures in rhode island said...

ginny, that is so great! congratulations on the huge accomplishment. you will do wonderfully off the program, you've got the right mindset and motivation (shopping weeee!!!) :)

Anonymous said...

do they have some kind of way that you can connect with other participants in the 15-week program? You've shown that you can do it with help, maybe all you'll need to continue is with support of those going through it too.
Congrats, I'm very happy for you and those pants better look out!!!