Saturday, March 19, 2011

A Perfect Saturday

Sleeping till 8:30am and still getting up before the children.

Taking time to drink coffee and chat at the kitchen table.  Eating, the four of us sitting in the kitchen and enjoying each other's company.

Heading out solo for a fabulous spa day!  My parents get me a spa gift card for my birthday every year and today was the day....an awesome massage and a fabulous pedicure.   I've been going to this spa for so many years that even though I go once a year, they always remember me.  And now I have feet as soft as a baby's and I just feel Lovely!

Treating myself to a snack and iced tea at Starbucks afterwards, and spending half an hour knitting on my silver shawl.

Bringing home coffee to hubby, who I find is watching a movie all curled up with the boys.  And the boys are in great moods.  Deciding to head to the park up the street and treating Sean to his first playground trip.  (LOVES the swings!!)

Taking a trip together to the grocery store to get some fish to make fish tacos.  Something that Hubby had previously said he'd never like, but he DID!  Homemade fried tilapia tacos with fresh pineapple salsa.  Mmmm.....

Winding down the day with my bunch, then chilling in the living room, watching hockey and knitting.

Yeah.   It doesn't get much better than that!

2 comments:

adventures in rhode island said...

that day sounds kick ass, if i may quote cartman. so glad you got some pampering :)

The Caffeinated Mommy said...

love it!! awesome day! glad the sunshine made an appearance for you guys too, we spent lots of time at the park yesterday as well. hooray, spring is almost here! and enjoy your pretty toes...i heart pedicures. ;-)