Saturday, January 15, 2011

A Very Manly Hat

Not even a month since Christmas, and I've finished a hat for Hubby. See, I told you I can't let my nearest and dearest go uncovered in the cold!  (especially this week....sheesh)

This is my very first hat knitted in the round, so there was no seam to sew at the end.  The decreasing didn't go as well as hoped, but overall I think it turned out pretty well.   I actually would have been done much sooner had I decided that it looked good the first time.   It needed to be ripped out and started again, but it only took two days after that point.  The best part is, I didn't go out and buy new yarn for this one, I used some Lion Brand Wool-Ease Chunky that I had in my existing stash.  Kind of like yarn-shopping in the comforts of your own home!

I've ordered some Chroma fingering yarn from Knitpicks.com, and I'm super-anxious for it to get here!  I have a lace scarf pattern picked out to match my new winter coat, which is going to be the next thing up on the needles. The colorway is called "midwinter" so it is very fitting!

No comments: