Friday, January 21, 2011

Hey Mother Nature....UNCLE!!!!

Oh what a winter.  A facebook friend wrote that she is tired of hearing people say how beautiful the snow is, and how lucky we are to have it.  Beautiful?  I think we passed "beautiful" two storms and a couple of feet ago!!  Our snowblower gave up the ghost in the middle of a storm (naturally) so we purchased another stronger one that is much better at handling what Mother Nature is lobbing at us.  Usually the purchase of such equipment would make it stop snowing for the rest of the season, but she hasn't let up one bit. 

The next thing that has to be addressed quickly is my car.  I really like my Dodge Journey, I do.  But if it can't handle the snow, then the roominess, comfort and awesome turning radius mean squat.  I mean, we live in an area where there is the distinct possibility of snowfall six months out of the year. So hopefully some snow tires will make a big difference, or this Crafty Mama is headed to the car lots.  :(

5 comments:

CraftyMomof3 said...

Good to know because we were going to look into them.....

And yes ugh to the cold, snow & ice. It was -10° here today.

The Caffeinated Mommy said...

Substitute 'rain' for 'snow' in this post and you have my feelings exactly on living in the Pacific Northwest, although I am willing to admit you have it far worse...there is no such thing as a 'rain blower'! I think this time of year sucks in general, and leaves us all wishing for spring time and warmer weather. Long live the playground, and getting out of the house!!

asplashofsunshine said...

But but but, snow is beautiful... and a pain in the booty too! Ok, so I am one to blame for calling it beautiful. Sorry.

Crafty Mama said...

Nope Splash o' Sunshine, wasn't you....though if your area got snow it would be beautiful! So much of the stuff around here, it's taller than the fence outside. AND there is more on the way!

Yank In Texas said...

Snow is beautiful in those few peaceful moments before you go outside and curse the plow for leaving that hard stuff at the end of your driveway. I don't miss that.