Sunday, January 30, 2011

Beating the Midwinter Blues



A new scarf to go with my winter coat...I'm sure that this scarf is going to be absolutely stunning once it's finished blocking!  It's made from Knitpicks Chroma, one skein of "Midwinter."  (apropos, no?)  The lace pattern looks more difficult than it actually was, once you get a rhythm going it wasn't so hard.  I'm hoping it's dry and I can wear it to work in the morning!

Another way to beat the Midwinter blues is to get a couple of girlfriends, your mom and your sister-in-law and get out of Dodge!  We spent the day in Northampton, MA, eating fantastic Chinese/Japanese food, walking around downtown, and of course, shopping at Webs!    My mom, SIL and friend Kristina had never been there, and they were FLOORED!  I got several skeins to make handwarmers for Christmas, some yarn to make another Christmas Gift that-I-can't-mention, and a skein to make a pair of socks for Hubby.  That's right....I'm going to branch into socks.  I've picked out an ankle-length set to cut my teeth upon for myself, just to try getting the heel flaps and toes and kitchener stitches right.  All foreign terms to me, but by the end I hope to be an old pro.  Here's to learning new things!

1 comment:

adventures in rhode island said...

that pattern and yarn is gorgeous! you go girl with all the new learning! i got a "learning to knit" gift this christmas and i think i just might sit down one of these nights and try to tackle a project after seeing all of your projects!