Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Always a Bridesmaid....

I am going to be a bridesmaid again!  I have lost count of how many times I have been a bridesmaid, but I might be able to give Katherine Heigl a run for her money in "27  Dresses."  (she had the uglier dresses though, Ms. Heigl gets the upper hand on that one)  Our friends Tracy and Michael are tying the knot in April.  I am the maid of honor (I refuse the word matron....it just sounds so.....um matronly?  It conjures frumpy images to me)  and my husband is the best man.  That's it....we are the entire wedding party.

Tracy and I went shopping last weekend for bridesmaid dresses.  It was a total bust.  I tried on four at David's Bridal and welll........we hated all of them.  A family friend is making Tracy's dress, and she graciously offered to make me one as well.  So this, as my swan song as a bridesmaid, will be a totally customized dress and exactly what I want, in a blue-teal hue.

We're thrilled to be sharing Tracy and Michael's wedding day with them.  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Matron of Honor isn't an attractive title, no matter how honored you may be! Matron reminds me of someone who is 65, and yes, frumpy!
Be sure to post pics of the dress when it is done!