Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Birthday Royal Spoil :)

After a grueling first day back-to-work-and routine on Monday, I came home to find out that my birthday swap package had arrived!!  Nothing puts you in an instantly better mood than presents in the mail!

Actually, this is the second of two packages, I had been holding the large manila envelope that I had received a couple of weeks ago. I opened this first, and there were several patterns in there. All of them were thoughtfully put in binder jackets, which is cool because that’s how I store all of my patterns.



Next, the box. Upon lifting back the flaps, there were several little wrapped goodies. (Ooh!)




On top was a handmade knitted snowflake ornament.  Will dashed to put it on the Christmas tree, momentarily forgetting that we had taken it down and stowed it in the basement until next year!




Next were some miniature knitted ornaments. So cute!!




Next up: the handmade knitted things. Yes, I said THINGS. All a lovely grape color: a cabled cowl, fingerless mitts and my favorite, pocketbook slippers! I’ve wanted a pair of those since I saw a friend knitting some at a knitting meetup one Wednesday night. :)





Next up was the treats….. A butterscotch candy cane, chocolate covered cranberries, some jordan almonds and some holiday jam from Stonewall Kitchens. Also, two balls of delicious red and orange yarn!



Michele from Maine is indeed the coolest swap partner I've ever had....and when I thanked her and told her that I felt really spoiled she replied "Well, you are a mother to two boys.  You deserve to be spoiled!"  (She is a mom of two boys as well, so that was so sweet)

No comments: