Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Holiday Weekend

I stayed home with the boys yesterday, in honor of Martin Luther King Jr's birthday.  Brian was working, so it was just the three of us.

My creativity was totally sapped, so we mostly played and watched TV.  Neither boy seemed to mind that Mommy didn't come up with something fun to do outside of the house.  (cause Baby, it's cold outside and I didn't want to bundle up two kiddos just to do something lame like wander Walmart)  Will also is very into "nickjr.com" right now and asks for it constantly.  He has a pretty good handle on a mouse, however, he will click when frustrated and open up all sorts of windows, including one that was trying to get us to purchase something called Shockwave.  (???)

We all ate chicken tenders for lunch and I pulled out the stops and let us have dessert on a blanket a la picnic style in the kitchen.  I had a package of butter cookies so the three of us sat on a Toy Story blanket and munched.  Sean is a very cute cookie thief!  He wasn't happy with just his cookie, so after he took a bite out of his he climbed on me and took my cookie!  The old adage is true:  "happiness is a cookie in each hand."

It was a very ordinary weekend day in our house.  I felt kind of bad that we didn't go out or do anything special. But when Brian was putting him to bed, Will told him "I'm gonna sleep real good tonight, Dad.  Mommy really wore me out!"

No comments: