Sunday, July 25, 2010

Christmas in July

It's become kind of a tradition for us to drive down to the Campground in Pennsylvania every July for their Christmas weekend.  People really get into it, decorating their campsites with Christmas decorations, Christmas movie in the lodge, and Christmas crafts for kids and adults alike.

  We decided to drive down Friday after work so we would be there bright-eyed and bushy-tailed for the festivities on Saturday.  The drive wasn't bad....we got there around 11pm on Friday night, despite the rain.  And on Saturday, we got to see SANTA!!!!  I didn't get any pictures because I stupidly left my photo card at home.  I think Grandmom a good one of the boys on Santa's lap.  At first, Sean cried his head off, and Will was a little scared.  After Sean got a bottle, Will became less apprehensive and both boys sat on Santa's lap.  Success!

I should also mention that I almost upset the apple cart, calling "Santa" by his real name. (Grandpop)   Oops.  I always knew it would be me that slipped, too!  Luckily no little ears were paying attention to me,  thank goodness!  I don't want to be known as the Mom who Ruined Christmas!!  That would be quite a reputation to uphold.

And with the end of this trip, that marks the end of the VERY BIG TRAVEL SEASON for our family!  Between the four of us, there's been Myrtle Beach, Cleveland, Wisconsin, New Hampshire and now Pennsylvania.  Next trip is in October, just Brian and I, for our Ten-Year Anniversary!

1 comment:

The Caffeinated Mommy said...

WOW. You are so brave, traveling so much this summer with two little ones! Enjoy staying home for awhile. ;-)