Monday, March 29, 2010

Just the Two of Us

Today's a day that I've been dreading.  I dropped off both kids at daycare today, in anticipation of returning to work full-time next week.  (Eek!  How did that happen??)  I started sending the two of them a week early, to get some semblance of a schedule and to get the kids (ahem...me) used to it.  Dropping them off, I cried the whole way home.  Brian, being a fabulous guy, stayed home with me today.  And you know what?  We rediscovered what it's like to be just the two of us.  We watched a movie from start to finish.  We went out to a great Italian place where we wouldn't dare bring kids.  We even ordered some sangria to share.  The day was filled with some snuggling, giggling, and even talking about things non-boys related. 

It's great to remember what being part of a couple feels like again.

No comments: