Thursday, October 8, 2009

Unfriendly Freecycle

As I mentioned in a previous post, I've been putting a lot of items on Freecycle this week.  I love Freecycle!  And it's really helping me in cleaning out the back bedroom and getting ready for baby.  So far I've gotten rid of a nightstand and some craft supplies.  Then I had a lady no-show on a bulletin board.  I just KNEW it was going to happen, she was pretty wishy-washy in her emails so there's one more person that has my address for no apparent reason.  (Grrrr)  So last night I re-posted the bulletin board.

I logged into my email later to see if there were any takers and I had an email from one of the Freecycle moderators.  It said that I made an "inappropriate post" and listed all of the posts that I had put there since the end of September.  Huh??  When I think of "inappropriate" posting, I'm picturing rough language or something.    I emailed to get clarification and was told that I had to wait two weeks before re-posting something.    I got b*%ch slapped by a moderator!  Why would I want to wait two more weeks to get rid of something??  I'm on deadline here, people!   And I really don't need one more thing in my life to keep track of.  I then checked out the "before you post" section.  Apparently there are a lot of rules to break for a simple service of offering/requesting items for free.  If it wasn't such a good service, I'd send another email to say that their policy was mundane.  But it's not worth it.  *BREATHE.*

3 comments:

CraftyMomof3 said...

I think some of these sites just randomly change their rules at whim. I have listed stuff on there before and I read all the TOS for sites meticulously (I know I am a geek) and I don't remember that one. Oh well. You're right. Just breathe. It's all you can do.

Anonymous said...

ohhhh, I could go on and on about Randy. It was Randy, wasn't it?

You can have hoarders, people who constantly stand people up, but god forbid you forget to put "Wanted" in your subject line or not wait his blessed timeframe and you're bitchslapped! Sometimes you're put on moderation, too!

My suggestion is to put your post on Freecycle Marlborough, as well. You'll want to wait a few days as the moderators are supposed to check to make sure you're not double-posting, but they're a little more friendly over there!

Cate said...

freecycle was way too nutty for me. Craigslist has a "Free" section in their classifieds, I've been using that instead.