Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sookie Stackhouse

Welcome to another edition of "I discover a hot new thing after it's already hot."  (see:  iPods, "What Not to Wear" and many, many others!)

I started (and finished) the first of the Sookie Stackhouse novels this weekend.  They're the books that the HBO series "True Blood" is based on.  I never saw myself as someone who would enjoy vampire literature but I really, really do!  It's a nice change from what I normally like to read.  The first fifty pages went kind of slow but then I was RIVETED.  And as soon as I was finished, I was thankful that I had the second one from the library as well.  I haven't felt this way about a book series in a while!

2 comments:

The Caffeinated Mommy said...

Which is why I totally got hooked on the Twilight series. (It hit me out of left field, too...vampires generally are not my thing. But apparently vampire romance IS TOTALLY MY THING.)

CraftyMomof3 said...

Sookie rocks.