Friday, October 23, 2009

Stashin' Fool

With Baby #2 making his debut in January and it being the end of October, I've finally gotten serious about cleaning out that back bedroom this week.  (Hey, I work well under pressure.)  The supply closet that held all my craft supplies has been packed up, and the cabinet was given away on Freecycle.  (Without incident, I might add!)  I redecorated a bit in our bedroom for free by reusing the IKEA duvet that was in the spare room, hanging some pictures from there and putting my collection of porcelain shoes on the dresser.  Next up is getting rid of the full bed by freecycling the headboard, footboard and rails.  (the mattress and boxspring are destined for the dump)  NO, I'm not going to attempt to do this myself at seven months pregnant.  Not only for reasons of pregnancy and sciatica by itself, but I have a bit of shortness of breath going due to the baby smacking himself into my diaphragm, making my lung capacity smaller and deep breaths not really attainable.  Me moving the bed would make quite a spectacle, get me breathing like a Janet Jackson track.  ("Control," anyone?)



In my attempt to become organized, I tossed all of my yarn into a laundry basket.  Holy crap...that sucker was full to the brim!  Now....how do I store this, and how do I know in the future what I already have so I don't buy more?  (Ha ha, like I'll stop buying more.  Sorry, Brian.)  We made a family trip to Walmart and I found some great storage containers with wheels that fit perfectly under the computer desk.  I'm SO glad I came home with two of them, because it was necessary.  I spent about an hour entering them in my "stash" on Ravelry.com.  Ravelry is a cool community of knitters and crocheters, where you can see what your friends are working on, browse patterns and show your own work.  The patterns are searchable, and one such filter is to use yarn from your "stash." So I believe this will be worth it in the end.   Or, at least I have the delusion of believing that I will be organized.  I'll hold onto my hopes.  :)

1 comment:

CraftyMomof3 said...

Ooh those bins sound cool...need some of those because...well you've seen my shoes boxes LOL