Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A Month of Rain

June, 2009 will go down in my memory as the rainiest June we have ever experienced. It rained almost every day!!! It makes for a real summer downer, as well as a lot of cranky people feeling like they're going to mildew. :) The running joke around here is that we all didn't know that we moved to Seattle!

Today is July 1st. Yesterday and the day before were actually nice, and Monday was really warm. I thought July would be an improvement. Today is really dark and it's pouring hard out there. Fabulous.

Brian's car is a manual transmission, and I always say that when it's my turn to take his car, it's always pouring. I hate his car in the rain! Not so much because of the shifting and clutch, but because I catch my raincoat on the gearshift. He took my car to work today to pick up my car registration at the dealership and get the car inspected, which I totally appreciate. But I see that today is no exception to the rain rule!

Hundreds, thousands of schoolkids are out of school for the summer and clamoring to get out of their houses. Stay-at-home moms are dying to get out of the house instead of testing their creativity for coming up with yet ANOTHER rainy-day activity. Gardens are choked with a month's worth of weeds because it hasn't been sunny enough to get rid of them. Basements smell musty.

C'mon Mother Nature, cut us a break! Bring summer back!

1 comment:

CraftyMomof3 said...

We had a 3 day reprieve so it's coming your way.....but it's cloudy and gross again today.