Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Little Things

I had a grumpy day at work yesterday....nothing big but about a million little things annoying me. Mostly computer stuff, which is enough to make any sane person a little crazy!
Later on, it was the little things that make you happy. When I came home with Will, there was a box on the porch, addressed to me. Look what was inside:


It's the yarn that I bought to knit a baby blanket! And it's here in time for me to take on our vacation! There are ten different kinds of yarn in there! I tried to pick out a blanket pattern that would be suitable for a boy or a girl, since I really wanted to get started before we find out what we are having so I would have ample time to put it together.


I've also started putting together a new Winnie the Pooh birth record. And I have unfinished business in my "Project Graveyard" (i.e. unfinished tote bag, wedding record....) but I'm so excited about these new things that they will have to wait just a little bit longer. (Why would I want to weave in tails or backstitch flowers when I have baby stuff??????)


Here's another little thing to make me happy: Jennifer Weiner's new book is out today! It kind of sneaked up on me, I checked out her website last week and was surprised to find out that a new book was coming out soon. I'll definitely make some time to pick it up today.


So there you have it. It's the little things that can make or break you!

1 comment:

CraftyMomof3 said...

Box full of yarn from Joanns always makes for a great day!!!!!!!!