Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Makin' My Day

I went for my three-hour diabetes test today. I failed the first one, so this time I had to fast past midnight, come in early and drink some orange sugar gunk. I became a human pincushion, getting my blood drawn every hour to see how my body reacts to the gunk. Obviously, this part wasn't the best part of my day.

The best part was chatting to an elderly woman, a stranger, in the waiting area when I first got to the lab. I did not mention why I was there or anything about babies. She looks at me and says "Well Dear, when are you due?" Yessss! I've reached the point where people look at me and see that I am pregnant! It took a while to show with Will, but apparently when you are doing this for the second time you show a lot faster. I didn't take any belly shots last time or any measurements. But I did this time, and between seven and eleven weeks my belly grew two inches! Yowza! This must be why I'm already half out of my wardrobe and breaking out the rubbermaid tote of maternity clothes!

Anyway, "Dorothy" in the lab waiting area totally made my day. Thanks!

1 comment:

CraftyMomof3 said...

Wait til the third, take a pregnancy test and BAM! over nite you look 4 months pregnant.