Thursday, November 17, 2011

"How do you measure....measure a year..."

A year ago, I was just starting the weight loss program at the local hospital.  It was a behavioral program versus a surgical track, focusing on nutrition, exercise and psychology.  I lost about 15 lbs during that time, and I was pretty proud of myself. 

Now, I've been away from the program for some time now.  I don't follow it perfectly, there's no such thing as "perfect."  As a working mom (meaning:  working out of the house every day, because EVERY mom works, and hard!)  with two little boys, a hubby in grad school and a voracious schedule, I eat a lot of meals quickly and on-the-go.  I don't always make the greatest choices, but I'm no longer a "finish everything on the plate" kind of girl.  When margaritas and chips n salsa presented themselves last weekend, I partook.  Because honestly, I get a margarita maybe twice a year. 

But anyway....let's do a little before and after. 

This was taken last year at the start of the program.  I was not at all thrilled to be having my picture taken.  In fact, I was more interested in taking pictures than being in them.



And the two photos that really hit home for me?  I was modeling a shawl last night that I had made so that I could post pics on my Ravelry page.

Front view:




Back view



From the back....WOW!!!  I love it!   Those pants are rather loose.

What a difference a year makes.  "Happy Anniversary" to me, for taking steps to add "years to your life and life to your years."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I noticed the difference too when you posted the picture on Facebook, but I was afraid to say anything! You look great!!