Sunday, November 6, 2011

Festival Fantastic!

There are two events a year that I look forward to kind of like Christmas.  One is the tent sale at Webs every May, and the other is the Fiber Festival in November.  It would take something pretty serious to make me miss either one of these events.

A delightful time was had by all in my knitting group today.  (And my mom too, she's an honorary member)  it was the Second Annual New England Fiber Festival.  No, not THAT kind of fiber.  I'm talkin' yarn!  Well, yarn, roving, spindles, sheep shearing, and all the accessories that go with it!

It starts with a drive to W. Springfield MA, home of the Eastern States Exposition.  (aka The Big E, held every September.)  The Fiber Festival is held on part of the fairgrounds.  So they DO use those buildings during the year!  :)  There were alpacas to pet and purchase, buttons with funny sayings, piles of roving, patterns, spinning supplies, dyes and YARN!  More yarn than one could ever see in a day.  Everyone is browsing, chatting, and wearing their own handknits.  Some are knitting while walking, which is a skill that I just do not possess.  There are fabulous loaded baked potatoes, corn chowder and ice cream.  And just an afternoon with a gaggle of girlfriends, child-free and full of project possibility.

And now I'm back home, going through my treasures.  I got some more skeins for dyeing, some sparkly gray for a scarf for myself and some special treats for my Birthday Swap Partner.  I'm a little sad that it's all over.  But hey....only six months til Tent Sale Madness!

1 comment:

CraftyMomof3 said...

hey! we didn't have alpacas at our Fiber Festival! LOL just ridiculously large angora bunnies.