Saturday, October 1, 2011

To the Curb with ye!

Something about October makes me want to go through all of my stuff and get rid of some of it.  I don't know where it comes from.  But usually I start to itch with anticipation for throwing stuff away in the last week of September.  It's weird, I know.

Right now on the chopping block:  kids' toys.  WOW my kids have a lot of toys.  I half-heartedly started going through them a few weeks ago but right now I'm all about it.  I've sorted two boxes to donate to Savers, and put two big boxes of stuff away.  I plan on going through those boxes and putting some in the (finally vacuumed, hallelujah!) playroom, and some of them downstairs in the basement to be rotated later.

Next up:  toiletries and cosmetics.  I am quickly becoming the Queen of Lipgloss. And I don't use half of them.  So a little experiment perhaps, I try one every day.  And if I don't love it, it meets the trashcan.

We've known for a long time that we are outgrowing this house.  And based on the amount of crap that we have, we aren't exactly helping ourselves out any.  Since we're planning on putting this house on the market in less than two years, and if it actually sells quickly,  then this is that much more items that we will not have to pack and take with us.

Come to think of it, that's the beauty in simplicity right there.  Less stuff, less boxes to pack.  :)

No comments: