Monday, October 10, 2011

Sunny October Weekends Are Good For.....

1.  Knocking down greenhouses.  My brother had an old, crappy greenhouse on his property that his house insurance company was not particularly fond of.  So Brian, armed with tools and a desire to break some stuff (who doesn't love demo work??) headed to RI to take that sucker down.  From what I'm told, it didn't take much.

2.  Golf tournaments.  Sunday was the company golf tournament, organized by Hubby!  Again, I'm told it was a great success, with several golfers, a good lunch and great door prizes.

3.  Slips and slides.  First Sean fell in the family room, taking out the toy bins with him.  He was fine, just stunned a bit.  Then I tripped over the dog, as I was climbing the stairs into the house.  Will examined my boo-boo knee and said "Yup.  Just what I suspected.  DOG."

4.  Knitting, and yarn shopping too.  To take advantage of this delightful, beauty of a day, we headed west to Northampton, so I could get some supplies for the birthday swap.  I had so much fun doing this last year that I decided to do it this year too.  And for 2012, I am also going to help moderate the birthday swap group on Ravelry.  Anyway, back to knitting and yarn right now.....I brought home some fingering-weight for a swap item.  And then of course I picked something for me, some red fingering weight to make a scarf for myself to go with my new black coat.  And Will begged to pick out some yarn to make him a hat, so he chose kiwi green and white, requesting stripes or polka-dots.  Stripes I can do.  Polka dots, well.....that might be a challenge.  I did want to do some colorwork though, other than stripes.  So perhaps this might be the first?  We'll see.

On the needles right now--halloween swap, baby blanket for Oldest Friend, and Ditto.  Still, Ditto.  I have about 1.5 inches left of this weird ribbing, and then I can bind it off.  Then comes the button bands, but those look quick  I am at that point where I am just so tired of looking at it, and I want it done!  I really want to wear it to the New England Fiber Fest next month, so I guess I'd better get crackin'.  Also, I finished the last Christmas gift for people outside of my house.  I don't count blocking it as something that needs to be done in order to cross it off the list, that can come later.

5.  Sean discovering crayons and how much he likes them.  He likes them everywhere, on paper, on the dishwasher and especially on the kitchen wall under the table.  That one is going to be a b#*ch to clean!  We're already thinking re-paint the wall.

6.  Overall, unseasonably gorgeous weather!

Hope everyone had a good weekend, and Happy Birthday to my "little" brother!

No comments: