Monday, October 24, 2011

In Which I Make a Decision.

Dude, this sweater is breaking my heart. 

I pulled Ditto out last Wednesday to work on, and got about one row into it.  Then I couldn't help but notice that I was doing the stitches wrong for the reverse ribbing.  And now my yoke has a bunch of holes in it because of mistaken yarn-overs.  Gahhhhhhhhh......

At first I thought....I have less than two weeks to my goal of wearing it at the New England Fiber Festival.  Just motor through and wear it anyway.  Call it a lesson learned in paying attention.  But I just can't do that.  I will always look at the sweater and say "this isn't right."  And eventually, it will be banished to the back of the closet, never to see the light of day because I didn't take the time to do it right.  I don't want to be that girl.  I want something that I can be proud of, something that I can say "Yeah, I made that.  It IS pretty, isn't it!"  Not "Yeah....I made that.  I could've done better." 

So.  I've decided.  The sweater hibernates.  I will come back to it after a bit of Christmas and swap knitting.  And I WILL come back to it.  It's so close to done, even with ripping back the yoke, that it would simply be a shame for it to be doomed to a life on needles instead of worn with my favorite jeans and a purple camisole.

No comments: