Thursday, May 19, 2011

So We Meet Again, Socks...

.....and I'm ready for you:


I've been working on a baby blanket of my own (very simple) design and I am bored stiff with the forever rows of stockinette stitch.  Tonight I repeated the words of the Yarn Harlot, Stephanie Pearl-McPhee:  "There are no knitting police!"  Nobody's going to come knocking on my door because I've put this charity, stash-busting blanket into hibernation for a little while.  Naturally, I decided to go and peruse new projects in my queue at 10pm.  Because that is how I roll.

I considered jumping into my sweater pattern, but I need to do some measurements first.  Oh, and wind skeins.  Eight of them, to be exact.

For all my fellow yarnies:  It's Cascade 220 in Summer Sky Heather.  And yes, I know I've already flashed this stash, but it's soooooo pretty that I couldn't help myself!

I also considered the Virginia Shawl that I was waxing poetic over last month, but again it's a skein issue.  And the damn ball winder is down in the basement.  Even I'm not enough of a night owl to bust that out and start tonight.  Well, yes I am but I *do* have to work tomorrow.

Then I got to thinking:   one of my goals this year was to make a pair of socks.  And I will make socks, dammit!  I picked the most basic pattern and am going to go into this, refusing to take prisoners.  Kick ass (knitting) and take names.

Here's hoping the second time's a charm.  Swatching starts tomorrow.

No comments: