Friday, May 6, 2011

Random Friday...Ready, Set GO!

Random Friday...Ready, Set GO!

1.  Last night was the first good sleep of the week.  Teething toddler, stubbornly pushing teeth out of order and skipping over the rest of his front teeth and going for a MOLAR.  And that boy...he is a miserable teether.  Once the thing broke through though, he was like a new kid.

2.  Speaking of Sean, one of our favorite games to play is Mommy on her hands and knees chasing him and saying "I'm gonna get you!"  He's learned to roar back at me like he is a dinosaur.  Cutest thing in the world!

3.  Work has been insanely busy the past two days.  I've barely had time to eat my lunch, much less anything else.  I will take that over being bored and doing nothing any time, though.

4.  I picked a new pattern to (shhh!) start a Christmas gift this week.  After no less than twelve (no really, twelve) attempts at casting on, I threw the pattern into the recycling bin.  It wasn't a very well-written pattern.  I know that I can count, and no matter how many times I attempted this, the row numbers were not adding up. I was really bummed too...I liked the picture of the finished object and was looking forward to making it.  So back to the drawing board I go.....I'll pick something new this weekend.

5.  NHL Hockey playoffs this week...Hubby's team is not doing very well.  I got home from Knit Night on Wednesday and the first thing he asked me was, "What are the five stages of grief?  I think I've experienced all of them tonight!"  :P

And finally...

6.  This morning, I walked into the kitchen to find Will re-arranging all of the chairs.  When asked what he was doing, he said that he was building a horse.  He then climbed onto his "Horse" (a kitchen chair) and put on a cowboy hat that he got from Papa.  All around him are shoes....snow boots, my heels, old slippers, anything he could find.  He informed me that these shoes are all wild and him, as Cowboy Will, must reign them all in.  He then grabbed his "lasso" (i.e. an old scarf that I knit that he now has as a plaything) and whipped it around, imitating a cowboy whoop.  It really, really made my morning!  Though I had no idea how many wild outlaw shoes were residing in my home.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Your kids are adorable. I especially liked the story about Will and the shoes lol!