Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Mad Skills...

It's been nice knitting the few days, knowing that there's no hard and fast deadline for whatever it is that I am working on.

Two things that, when I started knitting a little over two years ago, that I never thought I would be able to do:


1.  Knit on double-point needles.  (dpn's)  I got two sets of square dpn's from my SIL for Christmas and after some fiddling and a fair amount of cursing, check it out!


Perhaps things like socks are now in my realm of possibility  :)  This is a pattern for a set of very simple arm warmers called "Toasty."  Basically it is just a tube, nothing fancy.  The yarn is Lion Brand Wool in cocoa.


2.  Garments!  Here is the sweater that I am working on for Will.  Well, the finished back of the sweater, anyway.


I've only been working on this since last week and it's really coming together nicely.  I picked Lion Brand Wool-Ease because A. the pattern suggested it and B.  if it's a sweater for a four-year-old boy, it damn well better be machine washable!!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

You learned DPNs!!! That's so awesome. Just think, you'll never have to sew seams again! Well, other than sweaters and stuff... Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Looking good Ginny! Good job!