Friday, December 31, 2010

2010: A Year in Review



1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?

I guess I was pretty boring this year....because I can't think of anything at this moment! 



2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I'm not a fan of New Year's resolutions.  I used to make them but they're short-lived.  I improve on things where I can, and let the rest lie.


3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

I did!  Our boy Sean was born in January.  I can't believe it's been almost a year already....  Also, there were three babies born on Brian's side of the family this year.  Lots of new kids to play with in years to come.  :) 


4. Did anyone close to you die?

Brian's grandmother passed away in June.  We really, really missed her at Thanksgiving this year, and every day.


5. What countries/places did you visit?

We drove out to Wisconsin to visit friends this past summer.  And I had my first trip to New York City!    



6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?

I can't think of anything, 'cause I've gotten everything I've ever wanted.  Wait....I want to start my new job.


7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

January 10, 2010....the day my youngest son was born!  That being said, there are no other dates etched upon my brain....'cause my brain's been compromised and I'm lucky I know who I am half the time.  :)

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Adjusting and being flexible.  Also, starting a weight loss program a week after Thanksgiving!!



9. What was your biggest failure?

Not being patient enough, especially with myself. 


10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

It's been a good year.  (knocking on wood right now!)  No trips to the hospital, nothing crazy to get the doctor's opinion on!


11. What was the best thing you bought?

Brian and I bought a cruise for ourselves next summer!  Five days, four nights, just us.  :)



12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

Pass.  I can't think of anyone. 



 13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

I hate these kinds of questions.  I don't know, nothing really surprises me anymore.



14. Where did most of your money go?

Down the toilet.  Just kidding.  Mostly towards bills and necessities.  Not a lot of wiggle room for "extras" this year, but it was a good year.





15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Sean's birth, duh......  :)  Also, our trip to Wisconsin!  It was SO GREAT to be on vacation with the Ratties, checking out a different part of the country.  Ahhhh.


16. What song will always remind you of 2010?

Sadly, nothing comes to mind.


17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

a) happier or sadder? I've been some of both this year.  Some times have been harder than others.  But I've always been a "glass half-full" kind of girl and I've got lots of blessings to count.
b) thinner or fatter?   thinner.  Though 2010 got me on the right track to getting healthier, and 2011 will be even better.
c) richer or poorer? Richer in some ways....poorer in others.  I'm rich where it matters...in love and family.



18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Living in the moment.  Relishing life's simple pleasures.


19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Multi-tasking.


20. How did you spend Christmas?

Happily celebrating with the boys and my whole family.  Goodness, I love a full house!!


21. Did you fall in love in 2010?

I fall in love a little bit more each and every day.


22. What was your favorite TV program?

I'm really enjoying How I Met Your Mother and 30 Rock.  The writing for those shows....genius. 


23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

I make it a point not to hate anyone.  There's people that annoy me or I dislike, but hate's a pretty strong word.  (yes it's last year's answer, but it still applies!)



24. What was the best book you read?

I didn't read as much this year....once I got knitting I kind of forgot about reading. I did read some, though.  According to Goodreads, I read sixty-five books.  To be fair, these include books I read to the kids.  Most of what I read are cookbooks and knitting stuff.  if I had to pick a favorite for 2010,  I'd have to say The Help by Kathryn Stockett.  I'd also have to say that I really am looking forward to when the movie comes out!  (I don't say that very often about a book.)

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

I didn't discover anything musically this year really.


26. What did you want and get?

All my needs met, and some of my wants too.


27. What did you want and not get?

The uncanny ability to always be able to tell the difference between needs and wants!!  :)  I'm also disappointed that I haven't yet been able to grow a third arm or the fact that the government doesn't provide you with a personal assistant/maid/chef when you bring home a new baby.  (LOL!)


28. What was your favorite film of this year?

I can't think of a single movie that I was wowed....but I really can't say I saw too many that weren't animated.  I just saw Toy Story 3 and I'll admit it, it made me teary.


29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I had a fantastic birthday weekend.  Hubby let me sleep in, I got a manicure and pedicure, we went out on a Date Night the night before, and I had a fabulous dinner with my family at Longhorn Steakhouse.  Lots of simple pleasures, it was great!


30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

A new job.  Talk to me in the Spring.  

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?

Thrown together and harried.  I am trying to make changes to that, though.  


32. What kept you sane?

Knitting.  Lots and lots of knitting.  My fiber addiction keeps me calm, that's for sure.    Also, learning to count to ten.



33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

None of 'em.....so over it.




34. What political issue stirred you the most?
the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell." It's about time!!!


35. Who did you miss?

Lots of people.  All I can say is that I'm still very pleased with the invention of Facebook.   


36. Who was the best new person you met?

I've made some new friends in my knitting group, and gotten to know others better.



37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.

If at the end of the day the kids are reasonably cared for, you have clean clothes and dishes, everyone's been fed and watered, it's been a good day!  The rest of it can fall by the wayside.



38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

"Aint no rest for the wicked, money doesn't grow on trees.  I got bills to pay, mouths to feed, aint nothing in this world for free.  I can't hold back, I can't slow down, you know I wish I could...but there aint no rest for the wicked, until we close our eyes for good."  (Cage the Elephant, "No Rest for the Wicked.")

No comments: