Monday, September 28, 2009

So many projects....so little time!!

I haven't had a knitting update in a while, so here we go.

I finished my felted tote bag.  I'm a bit disappointed in it, only because it's so shallow.  I obviously went wrong somewhere.  Live and learn!  I might try to make another one. 

I started a hat for Will....it's red and navy acrylic.  I finished the knitting part last night and now I need to sew it together.  I need to review the chapter on sewing seams in "Stitch n Bitch" first, to make sure I do it right!

I also finished knitting my "Cascading Colors Baby Blankie" from Lionbrand, but when I was finished I felt it needed something.  So one of the tenants at work is helping me crochet a border around it.  I'll post pics of all this stuff when I'm done.

I have a million projects running around in my head.  Felted coin purses with handmade jewelry for Christmas, a different felted bag for myself, etc etc etc.  Plus I have a cross stitch  birth record started for the new baby!

I was introduced to a cool website by some of my knitty friends that I meet up with every week.  It's called Ravelry.  It's a free online community for knitters and crocheters.  It's part Facebook, with being able to add friends.  And the rest is taking pictures of your work and sharing, browsing and printing patterns, and a whole lot more!  I'm pretty excited with it!

1 comment:

CraftyMomof3 said...

Thanks for turning me on to Ravelry by the way...love it! Take your time with the seams...they are always the toughest(a long with increasing and decreasing) to learn.