Thursday, September 3, 2009

A Series of Dominoes

Don't you LOVE how one small mishap can turn into several, then morph into a disaster??

Some mornings I hate the fact that I am a working mom.  This was definitely one of them!  I had another housing court appearance today, and I was not well-prepared.  Housing court starts at 9am sharp, and it's one of those things that you do NOT want to be late for.  I'm pretty sluggish in the AM, and Will definitely takes after me in this category.  (Honestly sometimes I wonder who is pokier, me or him?)  So usually I try to prepare a little bit the night before.  No prep this time....d'oh!

First I insisted on staying snug as a bug in a rug this morning when Brian woke me up.  Domino.  I had the sinking realization in the shower that I left the tenant file I needed for court today at work, and would have to stop there first.  Domino.  Will demanded pancakes and I didn't have time to make them.  But I made him a frozen chocolate chip waffle so I wouldn't call this one a Domino.  I'm rushing around like a madwoman, trying to put on a little makeup and some decent court clothes on this pregnant bod....Domino!!!  Then Will decides that we're not going to "Auntie's" today and gives me a hard time.  I lose my cool and snap a bit, "You ARE going to Auntie's...don't argue with me!"  He gets a little teary and says "why you mad??  You make me sad."  Crrraassshhhh.....  The guilt trip stops me dead in my tracks.  I immediately bent down to give him a hug and apologize.  I felt badly all day for snapping at him for him just being himself, a toddler who wants his Mommy to stay home and watch Disney movies and drink "sneezy juice" with his doggie friends.  (i.e.  drink from a pretend pitcher that makes us sneeze)

I'm certainly glad that these feelings and these kinds of days are far and few.  Tomorrow's a new day, but I still feel bad.  :(

4 comments:

CraftyMomof3 said...

The fact that you noticed the stress level going up and stopped it an acknowledged it is why you are a good Mom. Don't worry...you'll have plenty more opportunities to scar him later on! :P

Anonymous said...

Those little buggers know how to work the guilt trips!! ;)
You do more than most people I know - and you're great at it! You can be slow in the mornings at times, especially while preggo! Cut yourself some slack!
:) ♥

The Caffeinated Mommy said...

Ohhhh, that SUCKS. If it makes you feel better, I feel the exact same way, most days of the week. Damn this whole having to work business!! Hang in there!

Sally HP said...

oh. I feel your pain. You're doing a great job!