Monday, September 7, 2009

Fair Time!

It's the beginning of September and you know what that means?  Fairs and carnivals, and festivals too!

I've scoured the papers to see what's out there and made plans to go to a bunch.  We drove down yesterday to visit with my parents in Woodstock, and to take Will for his first Woodstock Fair experience.  It was cut a little short, due to him being worn out and later, sick.  But we still enjoyed the animal exhibits (his favorite is the sheep, where he can talk back and forth with them) seeing the sights, and of course, the food!  The fair always smells so intoxicatingly good.  Funnel cakes, apple crisp, candied or caramel apples...corn dogs, smoked turkey legs...I love it all.  Of course if I ate it all, I might not love it so much!  We only stayed a short while, but I think the first fair trip was a success. 

Side note:  I wish I had the bounce-back ability of a toddler!  Last night we came home early instead of staying in Woodstock because Will had a fever and was absolutely miserable.  He was like that the rest of the night.  This morning, he's back to his happy, chattery, hungry self!  And fever-free too.  Huh.  We'll still spend the rest of today at home base, just in case.

1 comment:

The Caffeinated Mommy said...

So true! If I were half as resilient as my daughter, I would accomplish exponentially more in my life. ;-)