Thursday, October 23, 2008

Bus Trip!

Today, instead of spending the gorgeous autumn day stuck in my office, we took the residents on a bus trip. What a great day! First we went shopping at Christmas Tree Shops, where I got a jump on some Christmas Shopping (yes, I did!) and then we went to Wright's Chicken Farm. The name is a bit misleading, it's a restaurant and not a farm at all. And a fantastic place, by the way. I've only ever been on a Saturday night when it's cram-jammed like sardines. Today it was just us and three other groups, so it was a nice pace and not so crowded. On the way home we stopped at a local farm stand for pumpkins and apples. I came home with cider donuts. Oh well. I LOVE cider donuts!! The trip was a huge success, except for when the handicap elevator on the bus jammed when we got home. Ughhhh......but with some patience and positive thinking everything worked out and I was home early!

This weekend is Will's birthday party! Still have some prepwork to do, so ta-ta for now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Wright's Chicken Farm..I actually live 10 mins from there. Sounds like you all had fun today. Oh the Xmas Tree Shop..I am jealous.

Kristen

Sarah said...

We went to Wright's once and it was awesome - so yummy! You guys aren't as far away from us as I thought if you went there. One day once things calm down for us we'll have to meet up and meet each other's kids!