Sunday, June 29, 2014

The Last Box

It's done.

7.  send a box of handmade baby items to Stitches from the Heart every six months (6/29/14)

The last box is packed.  

This time it's 24 hats, three blankets, and one little pants and hooded sweater set for a lucky preemie boy.

I shouldn't call this "the last box" because it isn't.  I'll still mail hats and blankets to Stitches from the Heart.  After all, I've made 169 hats total and I'm not sure how many blankets and have no intention of stopping.

However, after the frigid winter we had this past year, I want to make some things for older kids.  So, I'm attempting to organize a group effort from my knitting group to a homeless shelter in the city.  I sent an email to one of the bigger shelters on Friday afternoon to inquire about how many people approximately to knit for, to donate to this November.  My knitting friends that I meet up with on Wednesday nights are on board, and it's going to be fun!  I'm on a hat-making binge, having just started an adult pink hat at 11:59pm on Friday night and binding it off this afternoon.  And mittens!  Kids need warm hands.  So do their moms and dads.  Warmth=kindness, and that's what we're spreading.  Who doesn't need a little kindness!  

No comments: