Monday, June 23, 2014

Last Day of First Grade!!

For the last day of school today, let's show the evolvement of a photo.

 Yes, I know that you're sad this morning.  Let's be happy for a minute and do our annual "End of the School Year" photo.  Remember, this summer we're going on vacation, and you have a list of things that you want to do that you wrote yourself?  Focus on that for a minute.

 Cheese!  What, you don't want Dad in the picture?  C'mon buddy, a little smile.  We're gonna watch the last Star Wars movie today!  I only take pics a few times a year.  Indulge your mother, huh?

 Ah, you perk up at Star Wars huh?  Awesome.  Now let's work on a smile that doesn't belong on a robot.

He's laughing because I said "Great.  Now give me a smile that doesn't look like The Joker from Batman." And we have our winner:  a big natural smile from a kid that's looking forward to summer.

It's been a long year with a lot of adjustments.  But we're coming through the tunnel on the other end of the school year and we all survived.  And there's lots of good things that happened this year, too.   I can't believe this kid is going to Second Grade in August.  (Is it me, or are summers shorter than when I was a kid??)

Happy Last Day of School, everyone!

No comments: