Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Sweaters for Summer

Why is it....that as soon as the weather turns summer-like, I get the urge to knit a sweater??  I can count on it like clockwork....mid-June and BAM!  It's sweater-time.

Still working on my Day Zero list...and on it is an item to knit sweaters for my husband and children.  I made Sean's at Christmastime.....so as soon as I bind off the "Up to You" shawl  I am going to make one of these two sweaters:

 This one is called "Chili Pepper."  It's a British pattern so it requires a little tweaking.  I bought yarn for this two years ago (Yes, really) that's a really cool twist of black and gray.  Very masculine.  :)

This one looks small for Will but it comes in sizes from baby to adult.  It's a really popular pattern called the Wonderful Wallaby, and it looks kind of like a hooded sweatshirt.  Very versatile.  The yarn for this has been kickin' in my stash for about a year (no judging!) and it's a charcoal gray wool/acrylic blend.  That means that it can go in the washer and dryer, which for kids' garments is a very good thing.

I don't know if I can finish both of these by the fall.  But I can try, right?

No comments: