Monday, February 14, 2011

What's Your Name Again?

Happy Valentines Day, everyone!

Last night, I brought out the Valentine cards that I had purchased for Daddy and the boys.  I quietly called Will into the dining room to sign Daddy's card while Daddy was using the computer and keeping Sean from taking it apart.  (he's quite inquisitive, and has the most devilish grin!)  Will's recently learned how to write his name, and draw stick figures, so I asked him to sign Daddy's card. 

He puts a big "W-I" and then starts to go somewhere else with the spelling of his name.  I ask him if he needs a little help and he says "No Mom!  I'm not writing my name, I'm writing SOMETHING ELSE!!!"  OK buddy, you go for it! 

When the card is finished, there's an adorable stick figure.  And the "Something else" that he wrote?  Well, the boy can't read yet, but can make letters.  In perfectly formed preschooler letters is the word "Wipe."  I laughed so hard, I almost fell out of my chair. 

Please meet my two kids....Wipe and Sean.  Or if Wipe had had his way, Pluto.  :)

1 comment:

The Caffeinated Mommy said...

I LOVE IT! Preschoolers crack me up...Zoey routinely insists that she has an 'F' or a 'P' in her name, whatever the letter of the week happens to be at preschool, just so she can practice writing it. Totally adorable! I'll bet Brian cracked up when he saw it. ;-)