Monday, February 28, 2011

A Very Random Monday

Today's post is brought to you by me going to bed last night around midnight.  No crazy reasons for the occasional bout of insomnia, I have problems falling asleep most Sunday nights.  My mind just races and I really hate to see the weekend come to an end.

This one was a busy one!  The kids spent Friday and Saturday with their Nana, Friday because my regular daycare provider is visiting her daughter in Italy.  Saturday it was because Brian and I volunteered to help my brother and sister-in-law move.  Yes, move, from the land of the renters to their very own house!  They've bought an old house in Rhode Island that they're fixing up little by little.  Saturday morning started very early, with a Dunkin' run and headed to their apartment to move boxes and bags and whatever else was going on the truck (or getting stuffed into a car.)  It was a very productive day and I'm glad that I finally got to see the house!

Sunday was an entirely different day, it was my friend Tracy's bridal shower.  It was lovely, a tea party with finger sandwiches, mini pastries and of course...tea.  :)  Some silly games (which sadly I could not win because I am the maid of honor and of course had the quiz game about knowing Tracy totally in the bag!)



After the kids went to bed it was time for knitting and snippets of the Oscars.  I didn't see much, but what I did was kind of boring.  Oh well, aren't most awards shows?  Right now I'm finishing up some more charity knitting and I've re-cast on for a shimmery silver shawl to go with my bridesmaid dress.  It's kind of gotten the best of me in the past but I'm determined to win.

And now, Mr. Sean has gone to bed and Will won't be too far behind after a kids' show and a milk and cookie.  While we were doing the pajamas thing tonight I started singing the Bubble Guppies theme song.  (boy...they have me trained!)  I only got about half of the verse straight and Will said "C'mon Mommy!  I know that you can get the rest!"  So I sang the rest and he patted my head and said "I'm so proud of you!  You remembered the rest of the Bubble Guppies song!"    Awwww......I've made my boy proud.  :)

G'night all....apparently I need some sleep and the coffee wore off hours ago.

1 comment:

The Caffeinated Mommy said...

I hate trying to fall asleep on Sunday nights, too! You're right, seeing the weekend come to an end is just so disheartening...and another long work week looming in the horizon doesn't help! Glad you had a fun weekend, though. ;-)