Sunday, October 3, 2010

A Burlesque Show

Know what makes for a fun, interesting Moms' Night Out?  Drinks and a burlesque show.  OH YEAH.....a burlesque show!

I headed out with a group of Mama friends last night to an old hotel that has an actual speakeasy.  It was a 21+ show, where women flirt on stage,  dance and disrobe.  It wasn't like being out at a stripclub or anything, it was more artistic and vintage.   There were a lot of women there in kind of the same way we were, a bunch of ladies out on the town and having a good time.   And I've got to say, I've never been to anything like that before but it was intriguing!  Women of all different ages, sizes, walks of life.  Some more dressed than others.  The thing that blew me away was the confidence of all of these women.  If I was up there swaying and shimmying, I'd have my eyes on the ground and barely be moving.  One woman in particular danced onstage three or four times.  Now, she was not a small woman, but she moved like she owned the place.   The closing number was a fast "mambo-y" number, with the girl dressed in balloons that she popped.  The energy in the place was amazing!  And the running commentary from the friends that I was with made it that much more fun! 

I'm kind of a straight-laced girl.  But every once in a while it feels good to step out of myself and go a little wild.  This night out with the girls was the perfect way to do that.

2 comments:

The Caffeinated Mommy said...

FUN! There is a burlesque show in Seattle that some friends from work have been wanting to go to...now I know I should definitely sign up. Glad you had fun!

Anonymous said...

Shake, Shake, Shake Sonora!