Monday, September 13, 2010

School Bells and Toy Story Lunchboxes

I guess it's time....Will is headed to preschool!  We've hemmed and hawed through this decision...this year or next year?  Well, he really needs some socialization with kids his own age.  So after some research, we found a nice school to send him two days per week.  We opted for the full-day program, so Mommy doesn't have to leave work multiple times in a day to ferry the boys back and forth.  (Which makes for a happier Mommy, honestly.) Last week I got him his very own Toy Story lunchbox, and a Toy Story sleeping bag to boot.  He's very excited about these things, and about school in general. 

I just cannot believe it's time for him to go to school.  It seems like yesterday he was a baby:




and now he's not really a toddler anymore, as he approaches four years old.  He is a little boy.



In the end, this is bittersweet:  My "Baby" is growing up.  But think of the new adventures in this chapter of his life, and the stories that he'll have for me every day when I pick him up.  "Mommy, guess what we did in school today?"

No comments: