Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day, Indeed...

Sigh....the end of Summer is here.  It still, ten-ish years after completing school, feels like September is the true beginning of the year.  And I suppose in a few more years, that will be further cemented with both boys going to school.  (Ack!!!)

So with Brian and I both home today with a grumbly Sean, we're tackling some nagging projects.  Like finally switching Sean into his 6-9 month clothing, and making all the boxes in the nursery go away.  It was starting to look like a warehouse in there!  Brian's taken on the little "patch and paint" jobs around the house.  I know, we're absolutely mesmerizing in our Labor Day partying.

We did spend Saturday and Sunday with Nana and Papa, playing down at the cottage.  Joey was pretty bummed that his "vacation" was over, and he came home with us yesterday after spending a week with them.  Will had a blast, eating roasted marshmallow, making sand mountains complete with leaf "flags" and of course, sleeping in a tent for the first time!  Yep, Will and Daddy shared a tent in the backyard and he absolutely loved it!  Kudos and thanks to Daddy for sleeping out there on some porch cushions and comforting him/finding flashlights and Brown Doggies in the middle of the night.  :)

So it's been a pretty good Holiday weekend! 

1 comment:

The Caffeinated Mommy said...

Oooh, I LOVE a good organizational project! I spent part of my weekend organizing Zoey's newer/bigger hand-me-downs, too! But I'm a nerd and look forward to these things... ;-)