Thursday, April 23, 2009

I'm Not Above Bribery...

Will's taken to throwing a fit when it's time to head out the door in the morning so Mommy can drop him off at "Auntie's." (i.e. daycare) He loves it there once he's playing with Thomas the Tank Engine and having a snack, and most nights he doesn't want me to take him home and throws another fit. This morning, however, was a bona fide meltdown!! It was already 9am, the time that I'm supposed to be at my desk, and instead I'm fighting with a toddler who refuses to stand up and put on his jacket. I'm also in a skirt and heels....not exactly wrestling attire.

So what did it take? A promise of "m-nums" (M&M's) if he got in the car. It was like turning a switch: the crying stopped, a smile appeared and he willingly stood up and let me put on his jacket. As much as I was happy that I didn't have to get down on the floor and carry him, kicking and screaming to the car, I hope I haven't started a trend!! I'll have the "m-num monster" on my hands!

1 comment:

asplashofsunshine said...

Welcome to Bribery Land! It is a beautiful place to live... on most days.