Sunday, July 7, 2013

Visitors

Our house has a wooded area behind it, and after that is an on-ramp to the MassPike.  I don't notice it much during the day, but can hear trucks on it at night.  It's taken some getting used to but I'll get there.   Despite the proximity of the highway, there's plenty of birds sing-songing in the trees and Brian even saw a hummingbird this weekend on the deck.  

Brian and I were each outside alone with the dog at one point today, and this guy was in the backyard, munching on plants.  He was actually eating dinner while we were eating dinner, and wasn't afraid when I came out to snap his pic.  I don't know if it's the highway or what, this bunny wasn't skittish.



And look!  bookends:


Luckily, Joey didn't notice the bunnies.  I don't know how...I think that he smelled them but didn't see them as they blended in well with the scenery.  Hopefully they'll continue to be crafty and we can be vigilant!

No comments: