Tuesday, May 21, 2013

"Sock It To Me"

My latest socks....



These are for Will.  Because as any parent knows, you can't make something for one kid but not the other.  Plus Will loves it when I knit stuff for him and is super-appreciative.  That alone is reason enough to knit for him.  :)

Here's a surprise lesson in this pattern:  four double-pointed needles is easier to maneuver than three.  I honestly thought adding another needle to the mix would make things difficult, but it made the math easier, especially at the gusset.  This pattern was a dream, and the yarn was great too.  I only cast on each sock one time, no ripouts and only had a tiny bit of trouble at that gusset point.  I also discovered that I cannot follow kitchener stitch (grafting the toe closed for non-knitters) without giving my undivided attention to a Youtube video on the subject. 

Two pairs in, and I'm pretty sure that I'm addicted to socks.  I'm going to bite the bullet and make the next pair for me.  And I think I want to add some texture to them instead of round-and-round. 

No comments: