Thursday, February 7, 2013

Snow Panic!!!

Leave it to me, to buy a ticket to Tampa in February, thus inviting the biggest blizzard that New England has seen in 20 years.  There's been snow maps and radars that are estimating wildly, somewhere between 18 and 40 inches.  Holy S*!) that's a lot of snow!

Yep.  No school tomorrow already, and I'm trying to think up some activities and pack tomorrow.  Because I know that if I DON'T pack, it will magically work out and I will be frantically trying to throw crap into a suitcase and forget half my stuff.

Any other weekend and I would be absolutely psyched to get snowed in.  I'll let you in on a little Crafty Mama secret:  if all four of us are here, I LOVE getting snowed in.  The world stops for a couple of days and it usually is movies and popcorn, reading books, plenty of knitting time, playing board games and just plain hanging out.  Yes, there's some yelling involved, as well as horseplay, tattling, and possible mini injuries.  (Mommy....Bubby stepped on my foot....kiss it?  my finger hurts....kiss it?  I don't feel so much good.)  

So to all my snow-lovin' friends, you are welcome!  Fingers crossed, but I don't think it's going to do much good.  Plus, crossed fingers are difficult to knit with and I'm finally coming out of the rut.  :)

No comments: