Sunday, February 5, 2012

"Meet Virginia"

After about a month of knitting, the Virginia Shawl is complete!  I actually finished the knitting of it about a month ago and haven't found the time to block it until now.  It definitely needed to be blocked, to show off the rows of lace edging.   FYI:  Spreading out a shawl and pinning it to foam boards with two children running circles around you is a daunting task!




It's a bit bigger than I expected, but I am absolutely in love with it.  The Dream in Color Smooshy yarn was perfect in this project, and from my stash.  

Later on, I'll make this again for my mother, also a "Virginia" (as her middle name.)  Hers will be in natural and tan variegated sock yarn that she chose from HER stash.  (hooray for stashbusting!)  

1 comment:

adventures in rhode island said...

beautiful! and now i know what blocking is :)