Thursday, February 9, 2012

Cookies for Valentines

#48:  Participate in a Cookie Exchange


My friend Rochelle is hosting a Valentine Cookie Exchange tomorrow night.  I LOVE this idea, because I've heard of Christmas cookie swaps but not a Valentine's Day one.  The holidays are pretty hectic, so this is a good time of year to do this!  I'm "cheating" by bringing cookies from this great bakery in the city.  The invite said baked or bakery, so I'm not breaking the rules.  Things have been hectic around here for the past week with illness and work, so that S'mores Cookie recipe that I found on Pinterest is going to have to wait.  Mmmm.....cookies!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE:  Thou speaketh too soon.  Been up since around 4:30am with a five year old with the stomach bug.  Hubby was the unlucky one who got to stay home with both kids, 'cause the daycare's got it too.  Caregiver AND other kids.  Apparently it's all the rage, everyone's doing it!  I don't dare say something stupid like "Thank goodness the 2-year old was spared!"  Blerg.  (But at least I have the cookie platter from the bakery.  It's the little things that make the sucky things suck a little less.)

No comments: