Friday, September 2, 2011

Bittersweet

Today is Will's last day at daycare.

We began sending him to a home daycare when he was three months old, when Mommy had to return to work after maternity leave.  Since then, he has grown and bonded with this daycare provider, who he calls "Auntie."  At first, I wasn't crazy about the fact that he called her Auntie.  But all of the other kids called her that so I figured not to rock the boat.  For almost five years, he has played there, learned and slept there, and grown up a bit in that house while Mommy is toiling at her desk.  It's the end of an era.  Today he is a bit sad, spending his last day at her house, but he is happy that he will still visit.  And, as he said, "There's always Skype, Auntie!"  :)

He's been in part-time preschool for a year now, and starting next week he will go full-time, to get ready for kindergarten next year and to get more time with kids his age.  To that all I can say, is I can't believe that my "baby" is going to be five years old next month!!!  He is growing up in leaps and bounds.  Every once in a while, I look over at this boy and say "gee, you were in a bouncy seat when I glanced last at your sweet chubby face, where did the time go?" Today he is an energetic, full-speed ahead kid, with tons of imagination and creativity.  And I know that some of who he is, is thanks to "Auntie."

Thanks for five years of taking good care of my boy!

No comments: